About iPersonal Health Centers
As healthcare costs have soared and insurance coverage has grown increasingly expensive and complicated, the patients’ control over their healthcare has decreased. Patients are forced to navigate through a maze of referrals, wait for authorizations from insurance companies, and often pay unpredictable fees due to denials or low coverage. Just understanding and managing your and your family’s healthcare can seem like a full time job. We can help.
To empower patient-consumers and their primary care physicians, iPersonal Health Centers™ offers services and products tailored to each Member’s needs and budget.
- With the coming nationwide shortage of physicians, access to quality providers will come at a premium. Patients will have to become responsible for their own healthcare information and management. iPersonal Health Centers™ makes that possible now for its Members by providing access to a nationally recognized health advocacy service, wellness programs, education, and resources for the Member and the Member’s family.
- iPersonal Health Centers™ team professionals assist Members in working with healthcare providers and the healthcare delivery systems used by Members.
- iPersonal Health Centers™ offers access to value-added programs that can save you money every time you use pharmacies, vision care providers, hearing care specialists, prepaid lab tests, prepaid imaging tests, patient advocacy services and more.
- iPersonal Health Centers™ offers access to a free online Personal Health Record to provide organized, secure access to your health data.
- iPersonal Health Centers™ CEO and Medical Advisor have a combined total of more than 50 years experience working in the healthcare industry.
iPersonal Health Centers™ Leadership
About L.E. Shepherd, Jr., iPHC CEO
In 2000, L.E. Shepherd saw the beginning of a change in the American Healthcare System. The system was becoming less personalized. Lack of access to, and time with quality physicians were becoming an issue and trend. As a first effort, Shepherd founded and operated a concierge medical practice model, but determined that the timing and technology were not yet right, and that this model was only affordable to a small number of patients. Shepherd began to look for an alternative model.
Shepherd has founded numerous companies in healthcare, and worked with physicians for over 30 years building practices and ancillary service center. One of Shepherd’s owned companies resulted in a merger that he participated in taking public. Over the course of his successes and non-successes, Shepherd developed a broad knowledge base in the business side of medicine, and the patient-consumer needs in the healthcare delivery system. With his many years of relationship building with physicians, hospitals, and others in the healthcare system, Shepherd began developing a consumer focused member organization that could empower individuals by providing them technology, information, and advocacy support that could assist them in dealing with the complex healthcare system for them and their family. This vision became iPersonal Health Centers™.
About Anthony Spensieri, MD, iPHC Medical Advisor
Dr. Anthony Spensieri is one of the nation's premiere Hospitalist Physicians. Board certified in Internal Medicine with 25 years of practice experience, Dr. Spensieri is accustomed to caring for people around the clock, coordinating with hospitals, and intervening on the patient's behalf to address coverage issues with insurance companies. Dr. Spensieri became acutely aware of the failing physician-patient relationship created by the overburdening intrusion of the government and others into patient care and the physician-patient relationship. He wanted to do something about it.
Dr. Spenieri is a co-founder iPersonal Health Centers™ and the Medical Advisor. His many years experience as a practicing Internal Medicine Physician and Hospitalist Physician provides an invaluable insight into the needs of patients and the development of Member Benefits.
Dr. Spensieri is a Fellow at the Society of Hospital Medicine and associated with the American Institute for Healthcare Quality, and a diplomat in the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc., the nation’s largest organization of interdisciplinary healthcare professionals. He is also Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Please note that Dr. Spensieri does not provide medical services, medical care, or medical advice through iPersonal health Centers™.
The services and advice provided to iPHC Members by the iPHC Team Professionals staff are not medical services or advice. iPHC only provides resources and advocacy to iPHC Members to assist them in working with healthcare providers who are providing medical services to iPHC Members.